Under the supervision of the Managing Director, you will be responsible for risk control and compliance, and will oversee the development of all policies, mapping and procedures relating to the institution’s risk management.
You will develop effective portfolio management oversight for both traditional Microfinance and Mobile Banking activities.
You will develop collection and recovery strategies that ensure efficient administration practices and the minimization of credit exposures/risks and losses.
- Analytical and analytical skills;
- Good knowledge of banking regulations and decentralized financial systems (SFD);
- Sense of organization and responsibility;
- Good knowledge of the microfinance sector, financial institutions and their environment;
- Sense of leadership, team spirit;
- Thoroughness and adaptability;
- Excellent writing and management skills;
- Very good thinking and conceptualization skills.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Level of training: BAC+4/5 in Statistics, Economics, Finance or Commerce, Banking, Finance/Accounting, Audit and Management Control, Risk or any equivalent diploma;
- Minimum experience: between 5 and 10 years in a control and risk management function in a Bank or SFD, in the financial sector or in an audit firm.
Manage and supervise staff members reporting to the Function, more specifically :
- Plan, organize and coordinate the activities of the Function;
- Supervise the execution of the work program and ensure that deadlines are met;
- Identify training needs and lead the development of credit risk management capacity-building programs.
Credit Risk Management Committee Secretariat:
- Ensure the smooth running and progress of activities;
- Supervise the preparation of the annual report;
- Oversee the updating of the CRC’s terms of reference and working procedures;
- Participate in staff training and awareness-raising on global risk management.
Leads the development of credit risk management policies:
- Propose credit risk assessment and monitoring processes and methodologies;
- Develop credit risk mapping;
- Improve risk management systems, policies, processes and reporting;
- Develops and implements methodologies, policies and guidelines for the portfolio review of private sector lending, guarantee and equity operations, focusing on credit risk portfolio review, credit standards, exposure limits and risk-based pricing;
- Propose credit risk management models and systems, including contributions to capital adequacy policy;
- Participate in updating the SME and digital customer credit policy: credit/outstanding limits per customer, guarantees, solvency checks ;
- Implements an amicable debt collection procedure.
Leads credit risk management:
- Ensure that the approval of each new transaction complies with the credit process;
- Monitor compliance of loan amounts for transactions with prescribed exposure limits;
- Develop and ensure the adoption of credit management policies and guidelines by sector and product, and monitor and report on compliance with them;
- Participate in updating the SME and digital customer credit policy: credit limits/outstanding amounts per customer, guarantees, solvency checks, etc;
- Alert the Risk Committee in the event of serious credit deterioration in an operation, and in the event of imminent default by borrowers in the institution’s portfolio.
Compliance driver and focal point
- Guides and supports the integrity and anti-money laundering approach;
- Act as the institution’s focal point on all compliance-related matters;
- Validate procedures, products and policies from a compliance perspective.
Organization of SME and Mobile Banking credit portfolio monitoring
Develop collection strategies and steer the teams in charge of collection, beyond the deadlines set for commercial collection.
- Produce regular reports;
- Assist the General Manager in the preparation of periodic reports to be submitted to the Board of Directors and the Banking Commission;
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly credit portfolio reports for management;
- Review all accounts to be written off as uncollectible and prepare report;
- Meet reporting deadlines.
Other Analysis :
- Analyze customer and product risk profiles to contribute to the development of the credit risk model;
- Support the implementation of new systems and lead enhancement projects and any other tasks defined by general management.
- Good use of IT tools;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Human resources management ;
- Credit risk management;
- Autonomy, rigor and method.
Integrity – Motivation – Interpersonal skills.
If you meet the above criteria and would like to apply, please send your curriculum vitae and a covering letter to the following address by Tuesday June 27, 2023: firstname.lastname@example.org