Akwaba Business Park is the subsidiary of the TEYLIOM Group specialized in urban development and real estate in general.
Based in Abidjan, the Technical Director reports to the General Manager and is responsible for the good management of the entire technical department.
As such, he/she is responsible for :
- Ensure the management of all projects;
- Manage the customer relationship from a technical point of view, i.e. by ensuring regular reporting in close collaboration with the General Manager;
- Define the specifications (needs, budget and provisional work schedule), launch calls for tenders and choose the prime contractors and companies;
- Supervise purchasing and logistics, i.e. the selection and negotiation of materials according to volume, cost and quality objectives;
- Follow up on construction operations involving the management of the schedule in compliance with the planned deadlines while ensuring safety, quality and control at the various stages of progress of the sites;
- Manage the budget and establish an accurate progress report in order to respect the initial budget;
Manage the teams and participate in the development of the department’s human resources.
- Participate in the design, in conjunction with the architects and other subcontractors, of the company’s development and construction projects;
- Carry out, in collaboration with the architects, the technical studies of execution of the mass plans of the projects in progress and to come;
- To carry out the invitations to tender for the works to be subcontracted or to be carried out;
- Participate in the elaboration of the technical choices and dimensioning of the works, in the establishment of the costs, in the financial, administrative and legal management as well as in the operations of realization of the construction project, in these phases of feasibility, programming, design, study and realization;
- To seek technical solutions allowing the optimization of the costs;
- Control and validate the realization of the various plans and documents (APS, preliminary draft, APD, final draft, technical and particular specifications);
- Ensure weekly and monthly reporting;
- Coordinate the environmental and social impact studies as well as the technical feasibility studies;
- Coordinate quantitative data analysis;
- Ensure compliance with development procedures;
- Maintain a technological and regulatory watch.
- During the construction phases, supervise the construction teams (project management) on a daily basis: adjusting plans, monitoring technical files;
- Manage the interface between the private and public domains on developed sites: roads, terraces, green spaces, walks, etc.
- In relation with the administration, manage the budgets for maintenance, operation and upkeep of public infrastructures;
- Ensure compliance with qualitative and quantitative objectives and regulations;
- Manage exchanges with project owners and companies during the construction phase;
- Ensure compliance with environmental protection requirements;
- Monitor compliance with the provisional schedule.
- Ensure compliance with the annual budget through regular budget reporting and participate in the preparation of the budget forecast;
- Support the marketing of lots and macro-lots (land, apartments, structures, etc.);
- Ensure the operation, maintenance and upkeep of public technical installations in relation to the concessionaires of the said utilities, as well as the coordination of the technical team;
- Selecting service providers and following up on maintenance and upkeep contracts for works.
The successful candidate will have at least 10 years of experience in a similar position in international public works and construction companies in Africa. Experience in the management of diversified sites (building, public works, civil engineering or speciality) on the African continent is imperative for this position as well as the mastery of Autocad, MS Project or other similar software.
Fluency in French and English.
Proactive, dynamic and rigorous by nature, his or her leadership skills allow him or her to manage a team with firmness and diplomacy. The position is based in Abidjan with the possibility of travel in the sub-region.
HOW TO APPLY
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide a CV
- Availability: Immediate
- Application deadline: 13/05/23